Wednesday, February 01, 2006


How can I help with RA Recruitement?

We are in the process of recruiting our RA staff for the 2006-07 school year and I thought that we could utilize our current staff to recruit next year's staff. Here are a few of my thoughts:

1. Encourage those students that you know who would make a great RA to apply.

2. Discourage the students that you know would not make good RAs from applying.

3. Talk about your experiences as an RA with student who might be interested in applying.

4. Announce the information meeting (February 2nd at 7pm in the Cafe) and the application deadline to your residents (Make a sign).

5. Say to a person specifically: "I think that you would make a good RA in ________ living area".

6. Have one of your residents help you to plan a program, so they can see what that would be like, plus you can get some help.

7. Work with other RAs and your RD to work together to recruit specifc students.

8. Be a great RA and reach out to students in your area. This is the best way that I know to get other people interested in becoming an RA. People want to emulate they people that have influenced their lives for the better.

We count on you to help us build up our future staff, another way you can help us is by being honest on the recommendation forms that the people applying to become RAs will be asking you to fill out. Thanks again for all of your help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll start thinking about good RA candidates as I do rounds and when I'm hanging out with the guys.